We understand that for many businesses GDPR still seems like a mine field. Therefore we have organised a Free Legal Session on GDPR.
The session will cover the following:
• An overview of how the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) changes the privacy regime in the UK.
• Guidance on how businesses need to prepare for the new regime including;
- updating privacy policies and terms of business
- implementing new internal policies
- whether they need to appoint a Data Protection Officer
- reporting requirements
- Consequences of breach
Attendees will also get the opportunity to ask questions relevant to their businesses and gain further clarity on how the new law impacts them.
Guest Speaker: Joanna Sutton, Senior Associate at Nockolds
Joanna is an employment solicitor and advises business and individuals about all aspects of employment law from contracts and handbooks to day to day HR queries as well as negotiating settlements and handling Employment Tribunal claims. She has provided numerous bespoke training sessions to clients on the implications of GDPR across various industry sectors, and is skilled in drafting the necessary documentation to ensure compliance with the new rules.